Any communication tool will fail unless people are able to successfully use it.
Comprehension Club is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all people, regardless of ability. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Comprehension Club takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the application and related materials:
- Include consideration for accessibility throughout the product development process—including design, engineering, testing, and user feedback
- Assign clear accessibility targets, and track issues specifically related to accessibility
- Provide complete site content in each supported language
Comprehension Club is currently a project run by one person (Robby Macdonell) with limited resources. Should Comprehension Club grow into a larger organization, it's expected that investment in accessibility will also increase.
Accessibility efforts that are currently outside of the scope of the project's resources include:
- Third party accessibility audits
- Ongoing user testing and research specifically focused on accessibility
- Comprehensive testing with assistive technologies
- Comprehensive native-level translations to languages other than English
(Some translated content is made with Google Translate, which has known limitations)
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
As Comprehension Club is used to both create and consume content, the Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) 2.0 are also relevant.
Comprehension Club is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA and ATAG 2.0. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility of Comprehension Club relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
I welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Comprehension Club. Please get in touch via email if you encounter accessibility barriers on Comprehension Club. I try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.